2006-06-16

scanning

At 4000dpi, the output of the film scanner produces a 24 megapixel image. It is more than even the most expensive digital SLR, the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II (16.6 megapixels). Unfortunately the files it produces are about 140 megabytes each, so they are not easy to store at full size. My SLR is a Canon EOS 500N, with a 35-80mm, 80-200mm, and 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens. The lens is much bigger than either of my digital cameras so in that sense it should take better photos. I am not sure if there really is as much detail in the image as "24 megapixels" would suggest.


Going through all my old film and trying to find it all has been a very time consuming process. Sometimes I have found shots that are so good I am not sure if I took them. Here is a striking image - I think my Dad might have borrowed my camera and taken it to O'Reillys one day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home