2006-08-31

nichanneru

The other weekend I was at my sister's installing their wireless network. They have Bigpond ADSL with a Speedtouch 530 modem, and had bought a D-Link DI-524 wireless router to go with it. It took me a long time to set up! I had to ftp to the address 10.0.0.138 and delete everything in the dl directory as mentioned here. Then, the DNS did not seem to be working, but I entered the DNS server addresses on their notebooks and everything was fine. I have ensured marital harmony in their household.


Now, M (my brother-in-law) can read 2 Channel without interrupting my sister. M told me that Nichanneru is a site where anybody can post anything anonymously. He uses it to follow news about dodgy surgeons in Japan. I was intrigued and immediately wondered how long a site like this would last in Iran. I estimate a few seconds -- how should I say it diplomatically -- Iranians have some cultural problems that cause them to want to Censor Things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home